Monday, August 24, 2009

That's just the way it is.......

Things will never be the same...

Tupac Shakur, or 2pac.... i used to pay out one of my mates for listening to rap... And the 2 people who will probably read this, hello guys.... will also find it humorous to know that i can sing Changes by 2pac, word for word. pretty much makes me all the much more dorkier.

But after working in a news station for 2 years of my life now, having quite a few major incidents in my life since then, and hearing my friends tell me stories that make me sick inside, kinda makes me think.... when did things get so screwed.

The only note in the song, which has been "changed" is the fact we now have a black president in the US, but alas just like the past few years, i still get asked for 2 dollars my the junkies down at the local station when I'm coming home from shift work, because despite their pockets being full of illicit drugs, they don't have enough money for a cheese burger.

Maybe that's why the overly paid CEO's of MacDonald's decided to make the cheeseburgers 2.15 here in Sydney. so the poor homeless people have to lose more dignity asking for another 15 cents.

It just angers me seeing the shit that doesn't even make it onto the news because its not "interesting" and yet I'll come home to a friend complaining cause her mum wont buy her the shoes she wanted today.

The world is one screwed up place.
But the story about the squirrel that can water ski. (to use a generic example) will still make us put a smile on our dials.

Sorry if i killed your happy interwebs mood.
Next post will be a happier one.

Love and shit,
thattallgeekyguywiththecurlyhair

1 comment:

  1. killing happy interwebs=one step closer to awareness, good job. agree totally and the words to that song are unfortunately, reality. we need changes and Obama's "change" is just one tiny step...for mankind.

    ReplyDelete